Friday, October 1, 2010

Gifts and Service

When I look around I see a lot of people with a lot of amazing and diverse gifts. Not just globally, but local as well. A lot of time I think about how much stronger and unified the Christian community would be if people used their different gifts to strengthen God's kingdom. Christian service would then be everyone's life, rather than something that they do when they aren't busy with everything else. For me the strongest gift I have discovered God has given me at this point is entrepreneurship. I am good at making businesses that make money. Furthermore, it is a big problem in the life of churches and churchgoers that they do not have enough money to serve God in all the ways that they want. Yesterday I did not have to look any further than our own school to see some friends of mine get excited about the mission trip to Mexico, but decided not to go because it cost too much. It is for scenarios like this that I want to dedicate my life to making money that I can give to others. Of course, money is a sensitive topic with a lot of Christians, especially with its role in Christianity. I am still searching for the best way to use my gift to serve God, or if this is the best gift to serve God with.

No comments:

Post a Comment