Friday, October 15, 2010

Dedication

Christian service is an important part of our life's ministry. It is also difficult to stay dedicated to it. A lot of the time it is temptingly easy to bump Christian service in favor of some other aspect of our life, and we go from being good servants to doing nothing at all to serve God. This is one of the faults of doing Christian service for our own enjoyment and benefit, rather than for the benefit of others and the Glory of God. In order to stay dedicated to Christian service we need to be servants of God for his glory, and not for our own selfish reasons.

For me personally I have trouble giving up time with others to go do what I know I should be doing. It is too easy for me to use skewed logic to fulfill my selfish lifestyle. "It is alright if I do not do any Christian service this week, I still have plenty of time to do that." Even when I do bring myself to do something, I still try to surround myself with other people to make it more enjoyable for me. I need to realize that Christian service is to please God and not to please myself.

In the future I am going to make an effort to be a better Christian servant by volunteering and helping other people in need more often. I will also look for opportunities as they arise to take advantage of, and not just opportunities that are most convenient or enjoyable for me for me to do. I will start looking to work with people I do not necessarily enjoy being around and doing things I will have to step outside of my comfort zone in order to do. This is the best way for me to stay dedicated to my work as a Christian servant, serving God and not myself. This has been a problem that a lot of people have expressed emotions towards in this blogs and I would encourage anyone else who can see this as a point that needs improvement in their own lives to take the same steps.

1 comment:

  1. Adam,

    We would solve a lot of problems within Christianity if bringing glory to God was our motivation rather than selfish gain.

    ReplyDelete