Friday, October 1, 2010

Downtown All Nighter

On Saturday I am going to spend all night in downtown Orlando with the college group from my church. We are going to go downtown at around 10pm and stay till around 9am. We will spend all night praying over people and handing out bibles, blankets, and food to the homeless. It's going to be a really cool thing to do because it is a great opportunity for Christian service. It is especially going to be a unique experience for me because I will probably know many of the drunk people hanging around downtown by the clubs because of my old lifestyle. We will pray for safett for these people and will talk to some of the sober ones about God. The main idea of the all nighter though is to reach out to the homeless. We will not just be handing the homeless bibles and blankets and stuff, but we will be talking with them both about God and life. We will get to know them and treat them like any other person you meet. At 7am we will get off the streets of downtown Orlando and go to a church down there and help serve breakfast for the homeless. I am really looking forward to this all nighter because I missed out on our first one because I chose to be selfish and hang out with a friend i hadn't seen in 10 years. But this time im ready to go and serve God and share his word with anyone who will listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment