Monday, October 4, 2010

Friends

I have quite a few friends and they are all pretty normal. Or at least what we can consider to be normal. They are happy with their lives and how everything is going so far. They like school, their family life, and their friends. But I just recenty got a new friend and he's not like all the rest. He constatly blames himself for all the bad things in his life and won't listen to reason. His mother died when he was seventeen and that's how all of this started. He had to move here to kissimmee and live with his father and step-mother. As far as I know they are nice people but this isn't where he wanted to be. His best friend died in a car accident a few years ago while he was driving here to see him. My friend blames himself for that accident because he asked his friend to come... He won't listen when I tell him it's not his fault and he couldn't have done anything to change it. My friend doesn't know how to get rid of the pain he feels in his heart so he cuts himself. The most recent time I know of was about three days ago. It hurts my heart to know that he feels the need to do this and I want to help. It may not be on the list of things we can do as Christian Service but I think it counts. I'm going to do my best to show him the love of Christ and help him to know there is another way to get rid of the pain. He's not completely against God which makes it easier for me to introduce God to him but it's still not going to be easy. He said he won't let me help him and he didn't really have a reason why, but if I don't try, even a little bit, then if something happens to him I will feel somewhat responsible. I won't become like him or completely blame myself but I will always ask myself, "what if I had tried?" "would he still be here?" I know God put me here for a reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment