Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Blog Post #3

I realize that I forgot to post my third blog assignment last week and I regret that, but even though I don't know if this one will count towards my grade or not, it doesn't matter because I just read this quote that I can't help but share with everyone. In my Missions and Evangelism book, it is discussing the need for evangelizing to every person on this earth and the importance of realizing that EVERYONE is called to evangelism; so, the author used a quote by William Booth, the founder of the Salvation Army, which reads as follows:

"'Not called!' did you say? 'Not heard the call,' I think you should say. Put your ear down to the Bible, and hear Him bid you go and pull sinners out of the fire of sin. Put your ear down to the burdened, agonized heart of humanity, and listen to its pitiful wail for help. Go stand by the gates of hell, and hear the damned entreat you to go to their father's house and bid their brothers and sisters and servants and masters not to come there. Then look Christ in the face--whose mercy you have professed to obey--and tell Him whether you will join heart and soul and body and circumstances in the march to publish His mercy to the world."

Now if that does not convict you then I don't know what will. I read this and I thought to myself, 'how dare us!' How dare we call ourselves Christians and not obey Christ's command to go throughout the entire world baptizing people in His name. When He said those words to His disciples He did not mean simply walk around your church on Sunday morning searching for the new comers, nor did he mean for us to only reach those closest and easiest in distance to reach. No, when He uttered those words to His followers He meant for us to go and make disciples EVERYWHERE!! All throughout the world there are people dying without Christ and statistics say that in order to reach all of them each Bible college student would have to tell at least 1 million people about Christ. One million people!! That's a lot of people for one single person to share with; so, in order for us to carry out God's command and be successful we would have to spend almost every second of every day telling someone about God and His love for them. I don't know about you but that is a little discouraging to me, but here is the thing, we are not alone in our evangelizing. Us Bible college students are not the only people who are trying to spread the Gospel and thank the Lord for that, but in order to truly reach people we are still going to have buckle down and do our part because we are all a part of the body of Christ and as a unit we are to run the body as God sees fit. Well I am here to tell you that His body isn't going to work without our obedience, and our obedience involves spreading His Word, everywhere! So, let us all go out with one mind and one spirit in one body and share His good news, not for ourselves but for the sake of those who have only to look forward to Hell's vicious claws.

-Alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment