Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Selflessness

If anyone, then, knows the good they ought to do and doesn’t do it, it is sin for them. James 4:17

Since I have become a student here I have tried to keep up with my studies while still taking part of all of the things that take place here. Today I realize that even though I thought I was doing a good job the semester is almost over and I have failed to keep up with my community service requirements. Things like this just remind me how easy it is for us to get so caught up in the everyday craziness of life that we forget about God’s commandments. We know that we should help others because it’s the right thing to do but our excuse is usually that we are too busy to do so. My excuse was that I would eventually get to attend more christian service events but that it would have to wait until next week because I had too many things I needed to study for. I sinned because I knew what I had to do and failed to do it. I realize that I was wrong that I need to organize my time so I can help others and keep God’s commandment.

At the same time it’s amazing how much I have learned from this one simple mistake. The fact that I didn’t sign up for Christian service events because it was messing up my time makes me realize that I was just being selfish. I was putting my time and schedule before God’s. By doing that I also neglected to keep my promise to the school when I agreed to keep up with the Christian service events when I got here. Now that I see this I will take action to make sure I don’t put my own schedule before God’s. Christian service is important because it not only allows us to help others but because we can grow from it. No matter how pressed I am for time I will always continue to keep this in mind. This has been a lesson in selflessness and submission to God’s will.

1 comment:

  1. this week i decided to watch everything and the students everyday it seems that people battle with their self like will i go to class will i turn this paper in on time but little do they know the devil try to persuade us to not doing what we are suppose to do but God always make the right decision in our life but first he have to show us that if we dont go to class or wait til the last minute to do something what can happen which will be that bad grade then we wonder why we have the grade have we know we just try to act surprise when God shows us signs we cant ignore them he always get you back on the right track. BLOG #4 JAVARES PRIDE

    ReplyDelete