Friday, November 19, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy thanksgiving everyone. For this week a lot of us, myself included, plan on going back home, whether that is near or far, to celebrate the holidays. Although even of those of you that do not maybe can still find something worthwhile from this blog post. This week for thanksgiving i am going home in Kansas and am going to spend the week there. There is an organization over there called the link which runs a soup kitchen. I am not sure if it is a national organization so maybe nobody else has heard of it. But when I go home I will volunteer in a soup kitchen that they run year round. I would every once and a while volunteer there before, including once before on thanksgiving. Last time I volunteered they commented how during the holiday season they had more volunteers than what they knew what to do with, but any other time of the year they would struggle to get anyone to help. Just remember that while we may feel generous this holiday season to try to be exceptional by allowing that generosity to branch beyond just this season and strive to live a generous lifestyle. Thanksgiving is once a year but we are Christians year round and need to reflect that. So that is what I am going to try to do because I am sure they will tell me the same thing when I go there this year. My Christian faith is more important to me than thanksgiving, and yet by allowing Thanksgiving to affect my lifestyle more than Christianity it does not seem that way. And I challenge everyone else to take a critical look at their own lifestyle and make any changes necessary. So that being said everyone enjoy your thanksgiving, be giving and generous, let that attitude reflect your behavior the rest of the year, and eat lots and lots and lots of turkey!

No comments:

Post a Comment