Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Do you really love the Lord?

Too often I find myself being ruled by fear instead of love. We as Christ followers are called to love our neighbors as ourselves. Jesus said this next to loving the Lord our God with all our heart is the greatest commandments. Jesus' life was lived by love and we as Christians are called to love because we have been shown true love. How can you turn others away when they ask for food, money or even a place to stay. If you have been blessed share the blessing so that there may not a need person. In Matthew 10:8 Jesus says to his diciples, "freely you have recieved, freely give."
What often holds us back from helping other and doing christian service? For me it is often fear or distrust of another person, but why should I fear I know that I am saved death has no sting. If I were to be harmed or killed trying to help others may the Kingdom of God be glorified. Our Lord only asks for us to be willing and do his will. Do not worry what will happen but have faith in the Lord. I often have to remind myself that I am the Lords daily not my own. This helps me to stay accountable with myself to live my life as Abba the Father would have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment