Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Do these things out of Love...


Jesus says, 



“Whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.” Matt 25:37





If we believe this, then why do we even call it Christian Service? In my opinion,"Christian Service" seems as though it's charity...Doing something because it's right but not out of Love. 



When you buy groceries for your children and family it's done out of a need and a true love. You know that if you don't provide they may perish. I believe that is the way we should be with all people, giving according to their needs.



And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus. 
Philippians 4:19 ESV.



If we are to mirror Christ, then are we not to mirror the way He promises to treat us? God gives us abundantly that we might be able to give to others; That is ultimately our Christian Service. He gives us blessings through finances, time, and with talents, therefore we should share our finances time, and our talents with others to bring Him glory. 



We should give as a sign of our Christlike love. Learn to love your neighbor first, and giving, or "Christian Service" will become easy and simple as making your heart beat.


When [Jesus] had finished washing their feet, he put on his clothes and returned to his place. "Do you understand what I have done for you?" he asked them. "You call me 'Teacher' and 'Lord,' and rightly so, for that is what I am. Now that I, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also should wash one another's feet. I have set you an example that 
YOU SHOULD DO AS I HAVE DONE FOR YOU.
 I tell you the truth, no servant is greater than his master, nor is a messenger greater than the one who sent him. Now that you know these things, you will be blessed if you do them.
John 13:12-17

No comments:

Post a Comment